View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee View Post
I bought a Kobo wifi refurb from one of the largest retailers, the box was sealed and the reader was like new never used, plug into usb, a virus detected for the desktop software, did a factory reset, still the same.

I was able to download desktop software and install no issue, the reader is running firmware 1.9 mar 29 2011, but some issues:

1. lagging, slow when turn page etc.
2. can't press the pad too quick, e.g. double click up or down key to change font size, often cause lock up or reboot
3. pdf is not practical, whole page view is hard to read, zoom can't fit one whole line. I intended to read manuals on the road.

Are these expected? i.e. did I get lemon? I was hoping for more...
What has happened here is your virus scanner has misidentified your install files as a virus because of the way it installs. It adds drivers and modifies system files to allow for the computer to recognize the device when it is attached. There is no actual virus. Just disable your scanner for the install and reenable when you are done. You will be fine. This is a common issue with some scanners as they pay attention to things.

Good luck

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote