Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevn57 View Post
Thanks for the detailed reply RAH,
1) after charging to 100% can you use it to read? Also is it ok to read on it while it charges, in the manual it says that it is alright,but just wondering your experience with it.

or just 2) Let it sleep?

3) connect it to your computer via USB cable and let it charge again up to 100% (i.e. "top it off")
Is the AC charge OK to use?

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help.
I see from your later posts that you are going to be exchanging it, hoping to get a good one. I agree, as I mentioned in my post. But to answer your questions:

It is OK to read it while it charges. I have done it plenty of times and it is fine.

As far as whether to "top it off" with the charger or connected to the computer (to try to get it to behave), it seemed to me, after many months of playing with this problem, that connecting it to the computer was more reliable. Sometimes, even after topping it off with the charger, it would drain again quickly. However, I have never had it continue to drain quickly after topping it off with the computer connection. But this could be because I mainly started trying this technique with the 2nd Touch, and it may behave differently than the 1st, where I was always using the charger to top it off.

Anyway, maybe you'll be lucky and get a good one on your exchange. Good luck!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote