View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #11
patrickt
Evangelist
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
A. Sleeve vs. Cover. When I got my first Kindle, a Kindle3 Keyboard, I took a coffee bean sack, slid a cork liner in, and carried my Kindle in that until I could get a proper cover. With that, and with my netbook sleeve, the getting the device in and out of the sleeve was dicey. I'll admit I'm a klutz. With covers, the device doesn't go in and out at all. It just sits there.

B. I can't imagine getting an artsy cover that costs as much as the Kindle because it's cute.

C. So, I got a Marware Atlas, http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Atlas-...4126630&sr=1-2, because at the time, 2.5 months ago, it was the cheapest available from Amazon. Honestly, it works just fine. It holds the Kindle securely, it's convenient to hold with one hand while I'm reading. It's a tad awkward to connect the charging cord with the Kindle in the case but I do that once a week and it isn't a big deal.

D. For what it's worth, I never, as in absolutely not once, leave my home without my Kindle in my daypack. I will not be trapped somewhere without my Kindle. If I get kidnapped I can read my way through confinement for three years just with books on my Kindle waiting to be read. The Kindle normally goes into an outer pocket on the pack and the pack rides on my shoulder, sits on the floor, and occasionally falls off a chair. So far, the Kindle has been fine. The Kindle is not as durable as a brick but it's not a fragile as a flower.

Last edited by patrickt; 12-17-2011 at 08:02 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote