View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
python on pocketbook ... and on onyx boox m92 too!

Just a very short notice (bed calls). It seems that its possible to run python on the pocketbook 903: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=1.

The nice thing: it seems that exactly the same binaries work on onyx boox as well. I just copied the files mentioned in the other thread onto the boox m92, and did a symlink from /mnt/ext1/applications into that python directory.

Code:
root@onyx /mnt/ext1/applications$ ln -s /media/flash/python .
root@onyx /mnt/ext1/applications$ cd python
root@onyx /media/flash/python$ echo "print 1+2" > test.py

root@onyx /media/flash/python$ ./bin/python test.py

(the testserver is missing a libz.so.1 on the boox, but I am quite optimistic that this can be easily fixed, given the open source nature of the m92.

For me this is really exiting - it would allow lots of existing python code (for e.g. epub or pdf handling) to be run, maybe with an web-interface run off a local webserver. ...easy cross platform development....web servers .... n900.... sweet dreams for me tonight :-)
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote