Originally Posted by iubmadiwtu
I did as you suggested I edited the file /system/serial_number to FF3004210001B9 rebooted the PE. I used androotfile from the amazon market change the perms on the folder so that I could edit the file in es file explorer.
Yes! The hunch was correct!
For some reason Google accepts hex digits as valid, I hope they won't change that in the future or things will get more complicated. Now all I need is to get a nice way of automating the serial number fix to get a "release" version of the Golden Allmine ROM.
By the way, if you change the serial number, you might have problems with the library. Check the original Allmine thread for the solution for that.