Thread: Vox in the UK
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Like Conor I'm also in the UK and have had my Vox for a few weeks, I also bought it as a cheap android tablet and the ereader aspect is a bonus. I already owned a really cheap generic tablet and my Vox is a big improvement on that alone for me personally.

I've used mine so far mainly to do some browsing when away from my desktop, read a bit, and check my email on the fly.

I liked that I could install the Kindle app and access my Amazon bought eBooks, the same by installing Aldiko gave me access to the eBooks I bought for my original Sony reader.

So far my experience has been positive with my Vox, and knowing my luck I've just jinxed myself I've browsed online easily, the built in stock web browser was really basic but allowed me to browse OK, but I installed the Dolphin Browser which I prefer to use.

Your own opinion and experience with your Vox will depend a lot on what exactly you want to do with your Vox. I found a lot of the more negative opinions I've read - apart from those experiencing actual bugs - have been mostly down to what they wanted the Vox to be able to do. Such as be an iPad replacement or similar and then were upset when I didn't preform as such.

I wanted mine mainly for browsing, email, reading and the occasional game when I bored with other activities.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote