View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Nice to see the find/replace dockable now. Since some of my find/replace strings were very long the window was double the width of my screen and could not be shrunk, making it hard to work with (Ubuntu 11.04). Is it possible to limit the width of the strings and scroll within the text boxes to prevent this? Some tooltips on the next/previous/Count/All items might be useful - and the down arrow for close is inconsistent with the x used for say the book browser (although maybe you are planning to change this to add both the dock/undock and close buttons). The book browser window on the left could not be resized horizontally when the find/replace window was open - but that could be the sizing issue.

Searching with find then switching book view/code view seems to be working better, though I've noticed that the cursor is only put at the beginning of a line instead of in the word that you were in on the other view. Is it possible to jump directly to the same word? (At some point I have to figure out why highlighting something in my code view ends up making it white text on white almost always but its ok in book view. Its probably a setting of mine since I haven't seen anyone complain about it before)

Is there a way to list all spelling mistakes like the flight crew validation window - otherwise you only see errors if you scroll through the whole book. For spellchecking I was originally looking for a button/menu item to run it and then saw above that its run automatically. Of course, you did say this is an inline spell checker