Thread: KDP Select
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
On the other hand, who else is offering a subscription service, which is basically what Amazon Prime is? Join for $79/year, get 12 books for free, video streaming, and free shipping.

Now, as a writer I have a choice: a second ebook format, or a new type of marketing. If I look at my epub sales and see a reasonably large percentage of my sales there, I'd turn thumbs-down on Amazon's subscription plan. If I see virtually nothing there, trying out a new marketing model for 90 days makes sense.

There isn't an automatic answer for every writer.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote