View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
sinan
Enthusiast
sinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Hi,
That is one of the methods I have been using, but cropping requires adobe pro. Here is much easier way, which removes page number automatically.
First you need to download mobipocket creator. It is a free software which converts pdf into prc (mobi). After installation, run it.
Once you run, you will see "import from existing file" option on the home window. Click "Adobe pdf", then you will be asked directories and stuff. After import, don't convert it to mobi, no , not yet.
Go to "My Document", you will see a folder named "My Publications". You will find your book under this folder as html, pdf, xml without page numbers. It is conversion is quite good. You can edit html file, and used calibre to convert any format you like.

Or you can use Adobe Acrobat Pro and permanently remove page numbers. Follow the link below for more information.

Edit:
In some cases, cropping pdf before dropping it into Mobipocket creator yields better results with Mobipocket creator. There is a simple and free software called Briss to crop pdf files. Portable version is also available.
For more information http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160755

Last edited by sinan; 02-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.
sinan is offline   Reply With Quote