View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
I started using aldiko on my rooted NC (CM7 initially, now phiremod). It was horribly buggy on both roms, and would often skip pages and/or lose touch sensitivity.

I switched to moon+ reader and no longer experience bugs. Plus, after getting used to the interface, I actually prefer it. It has more customizable settings than aldiko without going overboard. For instance, I like how you can also customize tap commands. On my NC, I set it up so that tapping on either the left or right side moves the page forward for added reading comfort (page back means I have to slide L --> R).

If you want a more minimalistic UI and prefer many, many customizations, then try CoolReader. I tried it before, but found the sheer number of customizations distracting, and ended up spending more time trying to perfect my ideal UI than I did reading . Of course, YYMV.

Edit: if you're willing to strip the DRM from your ebooks I'd also suggest using calibre + dropbox. Set up calibre to store books in the dropbox folder, and that way you can easily import new books to your NC without having to constantly connect it to your computer. Plus doing so allows you to access your library on other machines as well.

Last edited by JxK; 12-11-2011 at 08:24 PM.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote