View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung ATIV Smart PC Tablet
Looking for a new science fiction e-book

Howdy gang!

I'll be finishing my current book tonight (Empire of Ivory, book 4 of the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik) and I'd like to have my next one ready to go. I turn to those here for some suggestions on what to read next.

I haven't read much actual science fiction really because I've generally been more a fantasy fan, but lately I'm enjoying mixing it up more. That means there are TONS of sci-fi books out there just waiting for me to discover!

I'm in the mood for a good science fiction with solid science and engrossing characters. The last sci-fi I read that I really enjoyed were Revelation Space, Redemption Ark and Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds. The 3rd book was a bit floundering IMO, but overall I definitely ate it all up. What might make a good next read for me that is available in some e-book format?

* I prefer the science to be fairly accurate as I'm a the sort that is bugged when it's obviously off.
* Space opera is obviously ok considering my Reynolds enjoyment.
* Plot and character development should not be overshadowed by the science - I know some others get a little carried away.
* Stand alone books or series of books are all welcome.

Ok that's still pretty open ended there, but I figure it's a start. Whatcha got?
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote