View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Author Sort Carrying over from Calibre to Kindle

I know this must be the most simple, dead stupid question ever, but for some reason I can't seem to get this done in Calibre.

I have books in Calibre with the authors listed on the main screen Firstname Lastname, and when you go into metadata, you see the proper author sort, Lastname, Firstname. So under author it's Charles Dickens and under author sort Dickens, Charles. Perfect.

But when I copy that file over into the Kindle, the book ends up listed under C for Charles instead of D for Dickens. Even if I run a mobi to mobi conversion on it first. I must be doing something obvious wrong, but I have no idea what it is.

To get it to sort right on the Kindle, I have been opening the file in Mobi2Mobi GUI and changing the author (EXTH 100) to Lastname, Firstname. On the Kindle it shows as Firstname Lastname, but it sorts correctly.

Please don't laugh. Thanks.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote