View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #21
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
It's funny for me to hear how people want to replace dedicated devices with a smartphone. I've had a smartphone for the last 3 years (blackberry, now an android). My current phone does a lot of things: internet, music, video player gps, calculator, alarm clock, personal organizer, emails, and reading. Of course, the only thing that it is really best is making and receiving calls and SMS. Yes, I can get on the internet and I can open documents.... I can edit or create documents. But all these other functions work much better on other, bigger devices. And reading, for me, is best on an e-ink device -- that, or print book.

I love my smartphone, it helps me a lot when I'm on the go. But its not a true replacement for my other devices. And I'd never use my smartphone over my ereader for reading. But that's just me.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote