View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4nam View Post
I have read about 10 different posts and still can't decide.

Narrowed it down to Kindle Touch or Nook Simple Touch.

Her Requirements:

1. Read Books
2. See # 1.

She will not do any pdf's.
She would like to get books from Library.
She would like to share with friends.
She is not the type to look for exotic old books so I am sure Amazon and B&N will be fine.
$79 basic Kindle or the Kindle Touch, I'll recommend the $79 Kindle if all she needs is #1 because it's just so light & small.

Quote:
If anyone can point out the Major Pro's and Con's of using e-books from Amazon and B&N that would be very helpful to make a decision also.
Personal preferences for the ergonomic aside(I find both Nook & Kindle comfortable to hold), Kindle has a more powerful backend. It also gives you 5GB of free online storage which you can use if you have documents or or your own DRM free books. All you need to do is send it to your kindle email address and it'll show up on your kindle through a wireless connection. With the Nook you need to connect it to a PC for anything you want to add to it except buying books from B&N.

Last edited by shinew; 12-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote