Originally Posted by ollie
Just got my Iliad, seems if I try installing dillo and that kind of thing there is no warranty.
There is also no usb connector to gert to my computer usb.
The wifi can't connect to my home network which works for everything else.
Seems it isn't a Linux computer, which is what I wanted to experiment with, but a regrettably slow and very expensive, well, joke.
I will try sending it back if I can.
Thanks for the very informative messages here.
Are you sure you've bought an iLiad? Check the lettering on the case
- has a USB connector (in fact, two of them),
- connects to my computer via USB just fine,
- connects to my home network wirelessly and downloads fresh documents off a shared network folder by itself
- is a Linux computer,
- wasn't very expensive (about $500) and
- certainly doesn't seem like a joke.
It is a bit slow, just as any other e-ink device is, and hacking it does, in fact, void the warranty, just as with any other device (more or less). I'll give you that.