View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I used finereader a lot for school work. It's a great program if you need to have text from pictures/scans. But it does make a lot of mistakes. Maybe with English language it works better, less complicated characters.
I recently scanned an entire English novel (300+ pages) in PDF with FineReader 11. I was completely blown away with how few mistakes it made recognizing characters/words. Really quite exceptional.

I'm sure it's probably a lot different with languages that use a lot of diacritics, but I'd think even that would be something that could be overcome by creating/training your own recognition dictionary. The ability to easily train Finereader's recognition routines are invaluable, but probably largely under-utilized.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote