Thread: Development ROM wishlist
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #5
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
I think it would be good to include the script to fix permissions of eink framebuffer to allow regular applications to write to e-ink without root permission as descibed in this post.

Also if you ever get to building Edge Sr Update, it would be good to include fix for crashing built-in browser described here.

Deleting the telephony related applications would be useful as it was reported here to save battery life.

Regarding Javese applications - since they are not available through the market installing them later will require digging through forums/backups. So I would vote for including them in update file, but in case of e-ink viewers only the versions that do not require root, if Javese could find time to provide such versions. Otherwise in case of fbreader which is open-sourced I could provide modified version.

And while you are at it, maybe you could in parallel create a regular (non-golden) update file for allmine with all the goodies that will be suggested here and accepted in your golden. Would be nice to have equal updated functionality.

Thanks for you effort!

Last edited by vldmr; 12-02-2011 at 05:50 AM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote