View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #56
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I liked it a lot, but didn't love it. He seemed to not want it all to come to an end. I mean, he didn't exactly Clear the Shire and shuffle everyone off to the Grey Havens, but he came close. Still... I'd recommend it. To anyone who knows exactly what Monkey Ward is—without a second's hesitation. I enjoyed it a lot more than Under the Dome (and I actually really loved the first half of that book).

I enjoyed all the blasts from the past, though. Especially the bit about kids selling Grit for cash and prizes. I'd almost forgotten about that. I think my parents let me fall for that scam when I was younger.

There's authors I like better and there's authors I think are much better writers, but there's nobody that can write 800+ page novels that read faster than King seems to. That never ceases to amaze me.
(and of course I enjoy spotting the tie-ins to his other works)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote