View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Doogman
Connoisseur
Doogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-booksDoogman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake-r8 View Post
Hope this question hasn't already been asked before. I bought my son a nook simple touch and want to load some epubs on it and let him register it when he gets it. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
As long as the epub files you wish to load on the machine are without DRM, like those in Mobileread's own library, the answer is yes. In fact, that is how I've been using the Nook ST for the last week. I'm setting this reader up for my mom who doesn't have wifi or internet access. Since I'm going to sideloading everything anyway, it seemed stupid to bother with registering the nook.

Here's how after you initially charge the nook and activate the unit:

How to Skip OoBE Experience

1. Enter the Factory Screen by holding the TOP RIGHT Button and slide your
finger across the top of the Nook from left to right. A button labeled
"Factory" will appear in the top left of the screen.

2. Once in the Factory screen, hold down the TOP RIGHT Button and tap in the bottom right of the screen.

3. A new button will appear labeled "Skip Oobe". Tap that and you're done!

While you are at it, you might consider installing the latest software update, which you can manually d/l on your computer and install on the nook via USB.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...uch/379003175/

Now the Nook works exactly like my Sony 350, except it just looks and works better. I should have bought two of these things...

Last edited by Doogman; 11-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Doogman is offline   Reply With Quote