View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
CBZ plugin interaction with FB2/DjVu plugins - First try at pinpointing

Hi all,

After many clean re-installations and reboots, I think I've finally pinpointed the problems with the new plugins for the DR system (to read .CBZ and FB2 or DjVu files) interacting with each other. I'm posting here my conclusions so everyone can add to the discussion and developers have an easier time if they get to debug the plugins eventually.

To sum it up:
+The plugins I'm referring to here are:
-FB2 Plugin v1.4 and
-DjVu plugin v1.0
both posted by yuri_b in this thread.
CBZ plugin v2rc2 by dima_tr. Original release (up to rc5) posted by Kolenka in this thread

-I can't see a difference between a clean 2.0rc3 install and one with Mackx Patch v13 as far as the plugins and their conflicts are concerned.
-Installation order is not important either, only what plugins are installed.
-FB2 and DjVu plugins do not interact with each other, so they can be installed side to side without problems.
-CBZ + FB2 plugin interactions are the same as CBZ + DjVu plugin interactions.

From now on, 'forever' means 'soooooo long I lost my patience and rebooted'.

+If CBZ is installed alongside any of the other plugins, the following problems arise:
-If bootup thumbnail creation is ON and new FB2/DjVu files are found on the SD card, indexing takes 'forever'. SD extraction and reinsertion with the appropriate timing may let you boot to a usable state, but will probably damage your SD filesystem.
-Right after boot, no FB2/or DjVu can be opened directly, the 'wait' dialog box sits on your screen 'forever'.
-Right after boot, CBZ files can be opened normally. After the first CBZ is opened, FBs and DjVu files can be opened normally again.

I think I have an idea of what's going on, but it's not based on any real knowledge of the sources, so I'll keep it for myself for now.

Any comments from the authors or other real developers out there?

Last edited by MrWarper; 03-20-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: correct CBZ reference, wording...
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote