View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #48
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew
Just because both have a 1Ghz dual-core processor, it doesn't mean they perform the same. It's a common false assumption that most consumers share, people tend to think a 1.5Ghz processor must be faster than a 1Ghz machine in real use and completely ignore the processor's architecture design as a whole.

I am aware of this. MB clock speed, external clock speed (FSB), internal clock multiplier for the CPU, 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, 64 bit, cache all play a role. Nobody whould expect a $200 device to have the exact same processor power as a $500 device. The Fire has a similarly powered dual core processor. A pretty remarkable achievement given most $200 and subpar tablets are mostly single core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew
I do not intend to do a thorough comparison between the 2 because they're focused on completely different market and use.

“But wait!” after reading your original post and your replies to my post, the voice-in-my-head interrupts, “You’re doing exactly what you disparage—comparing the two devices!”

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote