View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #99
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Also, how many of you believe that they archive your scans and the next time some customer asks for a scan of the same book they will just send them the old scan and resell the paper book?
Why waste the storage bandwidth? These PDFs are not small scans. That would add up. It probably takes them a matter of minutes to run a new scan, depending on their equipment. And the majority of the books I'm sending them cost pennies on Amazon. High investment, laughably low return strategy there.

At any rate, it'd be stupid for them to do so. My scans have (in some cases) notes in the margins and (in all cases) stickers in various places with my name (so that lent books would always come back home).
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote