View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
MOBI periodical index thumbnail image

The MOBI format has the ability to associate an image with an index (TOC) entry which, if present, will be scaled and displayed by Kindle in the TOC list view. Amazon-generated periodicals make use of this and I would like to extend recipe functionality to allow recipes to optionally add an image reference to articles.

The easiest way to do this would be to use populate_article_metadata to scan the processed article, extract the url of an image to reference in the index (if there is such an image), and store that somewhere where MobiWriter can retrieve it. Any other output writer could make use of this or (by default) ignore it by not accessing the references.

I'm not familiar enough with the transition from input to conversion to output to be able to see where the references could be stashed for retrieval by an output writer. Is the OEB representation all on disk between input and output, or is there an in-memory representation of the article metadata that could be extended to include index image references? Can someone point me in the right direction?
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote