View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Well, I'm sure that I did not understand all that was significant or trivial to the story. I think that if I were to reread the book then I would pick up more. I especially had trouble understanding all of the dreams. When Kiyoaki passes his dreams journal to Honda, I figured they would have significance to the other books as well. And, at the end, Kiyoaki tells Honda that he had a dream that he would see him again. I read a plot preview for the next book, Runaway Horses, so I have a general idea how reincarnation will be a recurrent theme. I suppose that future plot is also foreshadowed in Spring Snow because Honda seems particularly affected by the discussion at the beach villa with the Siamese princes about Buddhism and reincarnation.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote