Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #103
Hamlet53
Under Fire
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
So it's a Christmas Carol is it? That's actually what I thought would win, though I thought the margin would be much bigger than what it was.

I am surprised at how many votes Lolita received. I guess JSWolf's campaigning really paid off.

Anyway I don't think I will be reading the Christmas Carol. If I participate in the discussion it will be from memory and probably from viewing some film version again. It seems to me that most film adaptions I have seen are fairly faithful to the book and nearly comprehensive. One of my favorite film versions remains this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/

Of course some things in the book are sometimes omitted in film adaptions.

Spoiler:
Just off of the top of my head films usually do not include the Spirit of Christmas Present showing Scrooge how sailors at sea are observing Christmas.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote