View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #61
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
There is still an issue with some SD cards.
A minor suggestion for those with SD card problems, I've had a couple cards that gave me grief until I copied the files off, reformatted them and copied the files back on. The touch has been quite happy with the cards ever since. (But maybe I was just lucky)

Quote:
Missing The ability to register and use it without having a Windows/Mac computer
While I do agree this is annoying, I have to point out that the Kobo is far from alone in this stupidity, I'm forever having to hook something up to a windows pc in order to 'initialize' it.

Quote:
a brand new and completely useless (to me) facebook button was added
Your not alone on that sentiment, there's obviously a money reason for "social networking" being added everywhere, but I'm not sure I know what it is.
A vendor I've dealt with for years decided a couple months ago that the only way to get the links to their firmware updates would now be from facebook. It took me a while (ended up talking directly to their CTO) but I got the links, and a few weeks back their 'real' website had the update links added back in.

Obviously I'm NOT a facebook user, but if there where "Hate" buttons along side those ubiquitous "Like" buttons I might be tempted when I have to deal with some of these people/places...
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote