View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
I've never browsed for four straight hours. But I am very impressed with the battery life of the Vox. Here is how I use it primarily:

Weekdays: Browsing in the morning before work. On my commute to work I throw it into airplane mode and pop the brightness on the display up (my commute is usually sunny). I read on my commute to and from work and for an hour at lunch. In the evening, airplane mode gets turned off with some sporadic browsing here and there. Then I read for an hour before bed (night more, brightness turned way down). By the time I finish reading, turn it off and plug it in for the night, my battery is still at 75% or better.

Weekends: Airplane mode is NEVER on. Browse the internet throughout the day. Usually take it in and out of sleep mode as I also have a toddler who also requires my attention! Usually import books from Dropbox. Read during nap time and before bed. Battery lasts from the time I wake up to when I go to sleep, though it is usually pretty low at the end of the day (total time, usually around 13 hours battery life).

The only time I have really noticed the battery be quickly drained is when I try to stream video from the internet.
Your week sounds very similar to mine!

My battery usage is quite good with WiFi off and with my screen brightness turned down. I can easily get a 10-15 hour day out of it, depending on if I watch a video or if I do a lot of internet browsing.

I guess it all depends on what you do. My hubby's iPad always seems to need re-charging - but that gets more 'game' play on it, so that could be a factor.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote