View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingDown View Post
Does one need to connect Kobo Touch to computer ever after finalizing first setup? Can I do the firmware upgrade without computer connection (I haven't done any yet)?

I am Linux user myself, and I did my first KT registration on my Windows machine, but I have not used the Kobo Desktop software since. I have purchased one book so far from Kobo bookstore, but I just synced whe KT via wifi and book did get synced to device.
You don't need to connect to the computer for firmware upgrades. Just press the Sync button on the bottom of the home page when you are within range of an accessible WiFi signal.

I too run Linux, did my initial setup in a WindowsXP installation through Virtualbox I don't see the appeal of adding dozens of books to my unit at a time, so I keep a modest queue on my KT, and use the Calibre content server to add books as I see fit.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote