View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #71
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Ok. Someone please explain to an old sailor what all this means.

I notice the new Fire (7") and Nook (7") have Android 2.1 or so, and have a GUI or UI added to them.
The 7" tablets for the most part (like the Lenovo A1) use Gingerbread which is is also an Android 2. I am not sure about the HTC Flyer and can't look it up right now.

This Android 2 is for phones (small screens) I read.

Android 3, Honeycomb is for tablets like the 7" but most we see are using Gingerbread.

Android 4, Ice Cream Sandwich is for both tablets and smaller screens.

So does it make a difference if you buy a 7" tablet using an OS for a phone?
Should you wait until the 7" tablet has at least Honeycomb?
Will the new 5" tablets like are being talked about by Lenovo use Ginger bread which was made for the small screen, or use the newer Honeycomb which was made for larger 7" or more tablets and also small screens?
Or will they use the latest OS, the Ice Cream Sandwich?

Someone tell me a "tale or two." Please

Last edited by SeaKing; 11-25-2011 at 01:09 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote