Thread: PDF on Fire
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
PDF on Fire

At the Fire announcement event, I remember one of the Amazon VPs saying Fire would have 'desktop class' PDF viewing. I have tried a couple of PDFs with the 'Amazon Kindle' app and while it works, it is nothing very special, and lacking features beyond zoom/pan.

Not only that, but I was unable to figure out how to side load a PDF so that it would just show up in the Docs listing: had to use ES File explorer to open it (after which it shows up in Docs).

Am I missing something?

(FYI exPDF seems pretty good, as is Mantano. Adobe Reader is probably also good to have on hand in case you need to deal with encrypted PDF or the like)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote