Originally Posted by ruaware
I can not get this to work
I have binded the directory to 8060 port so they will goto webaddress and not need a directory. but have also tried adding the folder to an existing settings.
Download latest smarty and placed in /SmartyRelease/libs
I have edit config.local as follows and i just get a blank page. please help
$config['library_dir'] = 'C:\\Users\\jamie\\Calibre Library';
$config['web_dir'] = '/';
$config['smarty_web_dir'] = $config['web_dir'] . '/smarty';
$config['smarty_dir'] = 'C:\Moodle\smartyTemp';
$config['smarty'] = '/SmartyRelease/libs';
edit: forgot to say i have IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.??
Sorry, but I know nothing about IIS, so I can't give much help. That said, there are some things to look at.
- You say the "latest smarty". The server runs with smarty 2.6. I have no idea if it runs with smarty 3.
- The server has been tested with PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3. You should verify that you have one of those.
- Be sure to run PHP as a module and not in CGI mode (assuming IIS can make that distinction).
- Given that you are using IIS, you might want to change all the '/' characters to '\\'.
- the values for config web_dir, smarty_dir, and smarty must be real file paths, probably including a drive letter as you are running on IIS. They are specifically *not* URL paths.
- I don't know what "binded the directory to port 8060" means, so I can't say if doing so overrides any of the above comments.