Thread: EReader lending
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #14
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I don't loan books or ereaders out. It just causes hard feelings when they're returned broken or mutliated, if they're even returned at all. No one treats my stuff as carefully as I do.
[...EDIT...]
Physical books... well, it's just easier on everyone involved to not let them leave the house unless in my mind it's for good. I've traded them out, donated them, sent them to soldiers overseas, and when my son comes to visit he usually takes a couple of my larger fantasy series with him. He knows which ones are up for grabs, and which ones I'm keeping. So when the books leave, I just 'let them go' and no hard feelings to what happens with them.

Saves me a lot of grief in the end.
I agree. I've a spare ereader, a rather rubbish LCD Binatone I got on the cheap that turned out to be too small to read a comic comfortably on. I loan it out because I really don't care what happens to it
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote