View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes but my UPS guy wont leave anything so I had to be up and waiting for him each time. Seeing I sleep from 5AM to 1PM that's alot of sleep lost. I could see using Standard shipping for free which is by USPS of course I'd use 2 day for important stuff but I live in the boonies. My UPS guy would hate me if I got Prime and used 2 day all the time.
UPS drivers have several criteria they have to follow before leaving a package. Some drivers follow the rules more strictly than others. You can almost guarantee the driver will leave your package (assuming it's not signature required) by providing him a location that is out of plain sight, and out of the elements.

I bought a large plastic patio box and placed it alongside my front steps. It's big enough for most deliveries, and it has a lid which protects the contents from rain. I then left a note on my door telling the driver he could put deliveries in the box.

He took to it right away, and he remembers, even years later. Fedex and USPS also learned to use it (sometimes after leaving another note). That was several years ago, and it's been working great. I am a very heavy Amazon user.

I had a quick chat with the UPS guy last year, and he commented that he wished more people would do what I did, which was a nice validation. Understand that the UPS guy wants to get rid of his packages, but he also doesn't want to get in trouble when a package is reported missing. If he leaves a package in plain sight, then he can be held accountable.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote