View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #86
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig8128 View Post
Jack, can you (or anyone) elaborate on what apps can help manage this, and / or common apps that are notorious for doing this?

Also, is there an easier way to bring up the running apps list then <gear> -> More... -> Applications?

My wife is getting remarkably bad battery performance on her Kindle Fire; I think that at least sometimes it's because some app is using wifi. I wish there was some kind of "I'm just reading a book" mode that would quiesce everything on the device not involved with reading a book.

Craig
I better defer this to our resident Android experts. However, if she has an app running that wants to use the WiFi for updating data on a regular basis (like a calendar or email app) then that can certainly drain the battery. My KFire isn't too bad, but my phone gets crazy and drains uber fast some days.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote