View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #56
jvoegele
jvoegele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
For K3s, K4s, and KFires, if you sideload books via USB, calibre server, etc., then those books will not have full Whispersync capability. At best they will sync only the farthest page read. Nor can these "personal documents" be archived.

For K3s and K4s only, if you send a book to your Kindle using the appropriate email address, then that personal document will be eligible to be archived and you can Whispersync farthest page read, highlights, notes, bookmarks, etc. At least this is true of mobi eBooks.
So if I understand you correctly, there is no way to have full Whispersync (including highlights, notes, bookmarks, etc.) for the Kindle Fire, except for books obtained directly from Amazon. Is that correct?

Sorry for being dense. I have lots of books purchased from third party sources that I want to load onto my new Fire and I'm trying to weigh the costs and benefits of choosing to use the [PDOC] tag or not. So far, the benefit of not using the [PDOC] tag is that the books show up in the Books section of the Fire instead of the Docs section.
jvoegele is offline   Reply With Quote