View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #2122
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
*** UPDATE: There is a new fully-automated version here:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=29

Okay, RTFM says that this can be controlled on the host side. Before assigning an IP address to the second kindle, I can use a script mntusb:
#!/bin/sh
#--- mntusb script
# U = usb number
# K = kindle number
U=$1
K=$2
sudo ifconfig usb$U down
sudo ifconfig usb$U hw ether ee:49:00:00:00:0$K
sudo ifconfig usb$U up
sudo ifconfig usb$U 10.10.$K.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
mkdir /mnt/kindle$K 2>/dev/null
sudo umount /mnt/kindle$K 2>/dev/null
sshfs /mnt/kindle$K root@10.10.$K.2:/
#---

Each kindle plugged in gets sequential USB numbers starting at 0. I modified the usbnet config so that each kindle has a different 'K' number, which is used in its usbnet config IP address.

The command:
./mntusb 1 5
mounts my 5th kindle on usb1.

This script lets me ssh (or telnet) to all mounted kindles simultaneously, and access their mounted file systems. It could use a little more automation, and be called by the usbnet config script.

It is a good idea to unmount the kindle file system before ejecting the kindle from usb:
sudo umount /mnt/kindle$K

RTFM works! ;-)

P.S. I suppose I should have tested this offline so I did not need to edit my post so many times... ;-(

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-20-2011 at 08:04 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote