View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
... the Fire does not seem to be seeing the Personal Documents in my Archive. Amazon may not have added the Fire to the list of qualified devices yet, though they should have.
Emailing a document works fine, but I think where you're off is that it is not supposed to be in the Cloud. Docs has nothing to do with the Cloud at all. The Cloud is for storing your own MP3s, and a digital locker for items purchased from Amazon. That is it. Docs that you email to yourself are in your Kindle digital archive. Why? I guess that's the way it worked with the old Kindle so that's the way it works with the new Kindle as well.

Sure, it would make perfect sense (and I think a lot of folks understood it to work this way) that the tabs on the Kindle for Video and Docs would be shortcuts to your Amazon Cloud Drive, but that isn't the way things seem to be working, or even intended as such. That's the disconnect. Maybe Amazon can fix that, but for now it actually seems like using the browser to access the Cloud Drive is the more efficient if not the only way to access the Cloud for docs and video.

Last edited by weatherman; 11-17-2011 at 12:36 PM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote