View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #59
GiBraiNe
GiBraiNe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.3 Jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiBraiNe View Post
Hello!,

Tried to install this one ... but it fails. I guess my Kindle is already bricked/with bad flash . Actually everything works fine (I have it jailbroken, with SS, USBNet, TTSMod, LaunchPad, doukan, etc... but having issues with my 3G connection, so wanted to install this one and try to re-flash fw 3.3 ---)

When updated to FW3.3 it failed the first time, but rebooted, did it again and was able to see FW3.3 in the bottom of the screen ... but now I cant use 3G, never finds a signal and the 311 menu never appears, I did the ENABLE_DIAGS trick and all tests passed but 3G/WLAN tests FAIL ... so did a system restore and now even cant register it with amazon!, it says doesnt have internet when WIFI works fine in the Kindle browser... I this point have never jailbroken the kindle (but I had Doukan when updated to 3.3), so I just did jailbroke and installing anything that can help me to get my kindle fixed...

Hope you can help me, kindly let me know if I need to open a separate thread.
UPDATE: Even when the custom firmware installation failed, I tried accessing to the recovery mode, and worked! so tried to install FW 3.3 again using recovery mode ..., the kindle restarted and then got fully bricked, the first screen when restarts came permanently, and no kind of restart helped , I called Amazon and they replaced my Kindle with a new one! ... guess will not try anything risky again ... thanks so much for reading/help.
GiBraiNe is offline   Reply With Quote