How to Sideload Apps:
I recommend that you install the free ES File Explorer
available through the Amazon App Store
. You will need an app like it to install sideloaded *.apk files which are apps BTW.
- Tap Quick Settings, More, Device, then click On to enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.
- Google your app and search for the APK file. Try looking on the developer's website.
- Download the APK file to your computer.
- Copy the APK file to the root on the Fire via a USB connection to your computer. After copied, disconnect the Fire from the computer by clicking Disconnect on the bottom of the Fire's screen and then unplug the USB cable.
- Start ES File Explorer and select the APK file then select install when prompted.
- All done.