View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #36
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
We'd still have to see if Kobo didn't explicitly design the tablet in order to disable the host. But if they just put the plug where it should be, then it should be quite easy to at least hook up a keyboard. I'd even guess the necessary libraries are still in the OS. Bluetooth and GPS dongles should be easily doable in a custom ROM, since the interface is USB anyway most of the time. Somewhen, over at Archos, they were discussing the development of 3G modem driver as well. Don't know what happened with that.
Personally I'm only interested in the keyboard :-)
Well, I'll wait for the package then.
And really, I'm surprised by the excellent documentation over there. There are even instructions on how to solder a 3G modem to the chip on the board that actually supports it........
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote