Thread: style sheets
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
This may or may not be of any help but this is the basic style sheet that I use. Many times it has everything I need, if not I add or modify.

I am attaching the text file of my basic css file. All I do is open up Sigil and right click on Styles in the Book Browser then select Add New Item. Click on Styles again and you will see the empty stylesheet (Style0001.css) that was just created. I then cut and paste my css file into Sigil.

This will give you an idea of what a simple css stylesheet looks like and some of the forms it can take. There also a couple of free online tutorials that could be of help.

As has been said, there are some pretty sharp guys on this forum. And many with a great deal of experience, patience and willingness to help. Being a newbie myself, with some of the shine worn off, I can attest to that fact.

Regards - John

Thought I'd add a test epub I use to "see what happens". Something to play with.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BaseMin CSS.txt (1.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: epub Meth_Lab_Test_File .epub (78.2 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by Jabby; 11-16-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Adding a file to play with
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote