Originally Posted by Aemma
The long and the short of it is that the update doesn't work and nor does the syncing via my desktop. I have tried syncing my entire library via wifi and it doesn't work. Since I was told to perform a factory reset, it has taken me the better part of 5 hours this evening just to re-input the books I previously had on my ereader, each done manually. So basically, something is wrong with something (their newest version?) but not with the Kobo ereader itself, or so it seems.
And yes the call centre was the first place I tried this past Saturday and is unfortunately how this problem got even bigger when it was suggested that I perform a factory reset. Clearly a factory reset was not the panacea it was thought to be. And so I remain perplexed and without any support as to how to fix this problem.
Can you describe any error messages that you have encountered?
Before you do the below back up the ebooks files you downloaded and installed on your device so you don't need to download them again and do a factory reset. This is so we know we are starting from the beginning and narrow down other possible variables.
Upon the device completing a reset:
1) install the Kobo Desktop on your computer if you have not already.
2) Plug your Kobo Touch into your computer via the included USB cable
3) Start up the Kobo Desktop which will install the most recent Firmware and sync any books in your "I'm Reading" section of your Kobo.com account.
4) When the Desktop tells you it is finished, "Eject" your Kobo Touch and disconnect the USB cable from the computer
5) LEAVE IT ALONE to set up the firmware that was installed and process the ebooks that were synced.
6) When the Home screen comes up you can either reconnect the Kobo Touch to the computer and sync via Kobo Desktop, OR
6b) If you have a wireless connection, Sync wirelessly by pressing the cloud icon towards the bottom of the Home screen.
If there are any error messages along the way let us know.