View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #19
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, Aluratek Libre Pro, HP Touchpad, Kindle Touch, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I hear lots of ppl attack the passive voice, and I realize that in some places it just not work as well... but I have never understood the blanket rule of "never use" that I have heard some speak.
I'm not saying a writer should never use it. They both have their use, and they both fill a function. What I'm saying is you shouldn't switch from one to the other in the middle of a sentence.

Though I admit that I prefer active, because it suits me and how I write better. I like my characters to be proactive, not reactive to whatever I/fate tosses their way.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote