View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #20
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think what we need is a hacker with some experience in electronices. I think what Kobo have done is similar to Garmin on their GPS's; they place a load across some of the pins on the USB cable. See http://pinouts.ru/GPS/garmin_nuvi_power_pinout.shtml
Oh, I can assure you I've been looking into this, too. I've got a spare official Kobo charger that a friend forgot to return with his defective unit and I'll be tearing into it as soon as I finish up some of my software related projects.

I have a digital lifestyle backpack that can inductively charge my electronics and I hope to design a case for my Vox that includes inductive (wireless) charging. To this end I'll be studying the official charger, so I'll post anything I learn here.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote