View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
original Nook -> Nook Color and Kindle III -> Kindle Fire aren't upgrades - they're different products altogether. You're sorely underestimating the "under the hood" upgrades of the Nook Tablet over the Nook Color. The Nook Tablet not only has a faster processor, it also features a longer battery life and lighter weight. I already like the form factor of the Nook Color. I find it quite comfortable to hold although I'd appreciate an even lighter weight compared to the Nook Tablet.

Look at the iPhone 3G and the 3GS. Both of them received the iOS 4 update but while the 3GS is running fairly smoothly, the 3G was almost unusable. There are also some apps that don't work on the 3G.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the Nook Tablet will be able to support Netflix/Hulu HD while the original Nook Color wouldn't? In both cases, I'm inclined to believe the faster hardware (or perhaps a different dedicated hardware decoder) is the reason given my experience with both Netflix and Hulu on the PC (darned CPU-heavy pre-Silverlight 5 and Flash 10.1).
You're misunderstanding how I used the word "upgrade". I understand that they're different products; they're an "upgrade" from a buyer's perspective, to go from the older, B&W product to a color tablet with more functionality.

I'm not sorely underestimating the under the hood changes- quite frankly, it's not enough to entice *me* to upgrade from my Nook Color. The Nook tablet will be able to play Neflix / Hulu in HD, while the Nook Color will "only" be able to play SD- but I don't care about the lack of HD. As always, YMMV.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote