View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
I loved 11/22/63. I like his older works, mostly, and haven't read much of his recent stuff, but I thought this one was great. Get a sample-see if you like it! I am trying a sample of Under the Dome now, but it's not really pulling me in so far..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Yes, the video is worth $2, and yes, the book is awesome.
Does the book have a lot of violence? I'm a real wuss when it comes to reading horror/violence and have avoided Stephen King books, but the subject matter of this one is of great interest to me.

I read an interview where Stephen King said that he was writing historical fiction to attract more of "The Help" crowd, but at the same time, the interviewer stated: "For all its historical heft, "11/22/63" bears many of Mr. King's trademarks. It's ultra-violent and suspenseful, with supernatural overtones".

I'm a bit concerned about the "ultra-violent" comment.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...980143566.html
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote