View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
FSD08
FSD08 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle
Calibration target on reader??

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Glad everything worked out OK. You still have a few things to do to make the Pocket Edge fully useable like enable Digital Rights Management (so you can read protected e-books), calibrate the reader screen etc. Take a look at my Resource Sticky.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Also, browse the forum because there is so much information out there about the Edge. My Resource Sticky only scratches the surface and is information I hope will be helpful for new owners so they can quickly get the most out of their device without doing a lot of searching. Again, happy everything turned out OK. Now go have some fun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The PE I set up for our daughter is up and running Ermine 0.9 without a problem as far as I can see. I am now setting up the other PE and have updated to Ermine 0.9 from Dingo 1.6, I thought without a problem, until the calibration target appeared on the reader - this was after the system had been up only about a minute or two - long enough to turn off automatic updates. This would not go away until I pressed the "switch documents" button a few times. I then tried to calibrate the display from the settings menu and no luck. I also tried to open a book, with no luck. My next step was to down grade to Dingo 1.6 which worked flawlessly - as far as I could tell. The reader worked, the display worked, etc. I then upgraded to Ermine 0.9 - again and the same thing happened. My next thought was to install the user modded update, but I thought I would place this post prior to that, as I don't want to turn the PE into a brick. I forgot to mention that in neither of the Ermine installations was I able to calibrate the touch screen. Any suggestions you might have will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by FSD08; 11-12-2011 at 03:43 PM.
FSD08 is offline   Reply With Quote