View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #7
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
I can't tell you about the trojans - though like others, I suspect it was either an improperly done refurb or a false positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee View Post
3. pdf is not practical, whole page view is hard to read, zoom can't fit one whole line. I intended to read manuals on the road.
This is going to be true of any 6-inch eink reader. They just aren't designed for that. And due to the nature of PDF's, there's only so much reflowing it can do to make it work on a small screen. If you want to use PDF's heavily, I'd suggest an ereader with a bigger screen.

And yes, you're right, converting PDF's are very hit-or-miss.

The Kobo Wifi is a older reader. You can definitely expect it to be slower than current-gen products, including the Kobo Touch. Though again, I wonder about the quality of the refurb job and if it may be affecting performance.

For the kind of performance you're looking for, I'd suggest maybe a Pocketbook Pro 903? I don't think you're going to get what you're looking for out of the Kobo Wifi, or any 6-inch ereader.

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 11-12-2011 at 04:28 AM.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote