Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: TN, USA
Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
There are eleven free humor/cartoon calendars
in the Kindle store today, all of which can be viewed on any Kindle device. I've pulled one up on both the Kindle 3G and an Android tablet and they are black-and-white pencil drawings, and work equally well on both devices. All are from Andrews McMeel Publishing and the artists include Jonny Hawkins, Ross and Kathy Petras. Grab one or two or grab them all; put a different one on each Kindle or the same one on all you have. In any case, there shouldn't be any excuse not to be enlightened, inspired or cheered up every day of the next year, depending on your selection. If these eleven don't do it for you, though, they also have another fourteen more on sale for 99 cents each
(including Dilbert and several other comics) and four at $5.59
(20% off list, which seems standard).
These are the ones that are free:
- Dog Cartoon-A-Day - Unleashed canine comedy fetches grins and laughs, keeping dog-lovers howling with delight. Artist Jonny Hawkins takes you on a year-long cartooned walk filled with four-legged frolics and classic canine capers. For folks who welcome sloppy doggy kisses and unfettered happy tail wagging, the Dog Cartoon-A-Day 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar dishes up daily treats. Add them to the hundreds of smiles that canines elicit from their human packs for a fun-filled year.
- Cat Cartoon-A-Day - Enjoy a year's worth of delightfully cartooned cat capers by humorist Jonny Hawkins. The Cat Cartoon-A-Day 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar's fur-bulous feline funnies creatively capture the diverse personalities of domesticated housecats--from cute and curious to fickle and finicky. Of course, as any cat-lover knows, regardless of kitty's temperament, the mewing furry bundle will cunningly find the way to the heart of the human who feeds and cares for it.
- Fishing Cartoon-A-Day - Humorist Jonny Hawkins skillfully guides you on a yearlong angling adventure as he reels in laughs by depicting the pursuit of that big trophy. Well-stocked with funny fishing foibles and amusing tales of lunkers that got away, the Fishing Cartoon-A-Day 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar nets daily chuckles and grins--even when the next real-life fishing excursion is months away. There's no daily limit on laughs with this calendar!
- The Shopaholic's Daily Calendar - Bo Derek once said, Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping. The Shopaholic's Daily Calendar 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar offers lots of ideas, presenting readers with top shopping sites on the Web as well as tips on shopping anywhere from the mall to the flea market, from a designer boutique to eBay. Add in advice from celebrity stylists, quotes and tips from designers, ways to be a smarter shopper, and the latest in shopping technology, and this calendar belongs on every shopaholic's to-buy list. (OK, am I the only one expecting 366 links to Amazon! LOL!)
- Believing in Ourselves - Women often look to other women--whether friend, sister, mentor, mother, or role model--to provide inspiration, motivation, comfort, and humor. The Believing in Ourselves 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar gives readers these things and more with a truly special quotation from one of the world's most renowned women, both living and historic, on each page.
- An Insult-a-Day - We've been taught it's best to say nothing if we have nothing nice to say, but sometimes being nice is overrated. Then, firing off a one-liner or unleashing a long-winded diatribe is the only course of action--and so much more satisfying. An Insult A Day: Scathing (but funny) Quips and Gibes 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar contains pithy proclamations from politicians, comedians, talk show hosts, and celebrities, as well as the best zingers from movies and television shows. When it's time to really speak your mind, any one of these well-placed barbs will get the point across.
- Lawyers: Jokes Quotes and Anecdotes - Practicing law is a tough profession. From pushy clients to overbearing judges to hostile witnesses--lawyers have it rough. Luckily the Lawyers: Jokes Quotes and Anecdotes 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar guarantees to add laughs to their otherwise arduous days. Filled with witty jokes, bizarre laws, entertaining quips, and incredible but true excerpts from actual court records, this daily calendar provides enough humor to keep lawyers, or anyone associated with the law, from taking things too personally.
- Nurses: Jokes Quotes and Anecdotes - Nurses truly are everyday heroes! This career is not for the lazy or faint of heart. In what other profession can a twelve-hour day consist of saving a life, cheering a patient's family, moments of hope and understanding, and, of course, humor? The day-to-day chaos that these medical professionals face and tame is highlighted in the Nurses: Jokes Quotes and Anecdotes 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar, which features true nursing tales, profiles on famous nurses, funny jokes, and much more. At the end of a long shift, nurses know that laughter is still the best medicine.
- Medical Bloopers - Be amazed by true tales of hospital high jinks, exam-room faux pas, and insurance escapades. Real-life healthcare professionals dispense daily doses of medical bloopers to tickle funny bones and brighten the days of other doctors, nurses, and medical caregivers. With its entertaining patient anecdotes, amusing transcription typos, and comical co-worker blunders, the Medical Bloopers 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar provides a year's worth of chuckles and grins, proving once again that laughter is the best medicine.
- Medical Cartoon-A-Day - Take a mental-health break each day with cleverly cartooned medical high jinks as illustrated by humorist Jonny Hawkins. He dispenses a daily dose of healthcare humor to tickle funny bones and brighten the days of medical professionals. For its year's worth of chuckles and grins, the Medical Cartoon-a-Day 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar is exactly what the doctor prescribed, proving once again that laughter is the best medicine.
- Teacher Cartoon-A-Day - Start the school day with a smile. Gleeful classroom adventures and amusing student antics greet teachers as they reference these daily depictions of entertaining playground escapades, homework snafus, and comical coursework mishaps. Each day, humorist Jonny Hawkins turns in a cleverly cartooned lesson in schoolroom humor. For its year's worth of chuckles and grins, the Teacher Cartoon-A-Day 2012 Day-to-Day Calendar more than makes the grade.