Thread: PRS-T1 Case Sony PRS T1
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #71
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Oberons are overpriced IMO. I dont care how nice they look. 50-60 bucks is way too much to protect a $140 (or less) ereader. I always wondered why people want the cheapest price on a reader but are willing to spend 50% or more of the cost of the reader just to protect it. Doesnt make sense especially given the fact that some people change ereaders more than shoes.

I will take a $10 cover anyday.
It's not *just* about protection though. Oberons do a good job of protecting, I dropped my Nook on a corner while it was in the Oberon and it survived just fine. And that's partly why I bought an Oberon, but not the real reason. My B&N cover would've protected the device pretty well, so I didn't need an Oberon cover to do that.

The reason why I paid for Oberon quality is that I ENJOY it so much. There's something about the feel and the looks that simply gives me heck of a lot of pleasure every single time I handle my reader. For those who appreciate that kind of thing, an Oberon cover is highly worthwhile and cheap at the price!

For those who don't care, then yeah, a cheaper cover makes more economic sense.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote